<as hominem = With, em, respect, I have to say that this thread
has not made a lot of sense.>

SP:
'This just confirms that there is no accounting for values or
> goals rationally.'

MP: In other words _Evolution does not have goals._
Evolution is a conceptual framework we use to make sense of the
world we see, and it's a bl*ody good one, by and large. But
evolution in the sense of the changes we can point to as
occurring in the forms of living things, well it all just
happens; just like the flowing of water down hill.

You will gain more traction by looking at what it is that
actually endures and changes over time: on the one hand genes of
DNA and on the other hand memes embodied in behaviour patterns,
the brain structures which mediate them, and the environmental
changes [glyphs, paintings, structures, etc,] which stimulate
and guide them.

Regards

Mark Peaty  CDES

[EMAIL PROTECTED]