If anyone is interested, I think some of the ideas
at my website, www.geocities.com/roger846, apply to
the current discussion.  Briefly, the ideas entail:

o Something exists because it is completely defined.
That is, you know exactly what's contained in that
thing.  This applies to material things outside the
mind as well as to ideas and concepts within the mind.
 For instance, a book exists because you know what's
contained within it (cover, pages, etc.).  The concept
"love" exists in someone's mind because that person
knows what kinds of things are contained within the
concept.

o The complete definition of something is the same
thing as an edge or boundary.  This edge or boundary
gives the thing substance or what we call "existence".

o What we have traditionally called "non-existence" or
the lack of all matter, energy, volume,
ideas/concepts, etc. is completely defined. That is,
there's nothing missing and nothing somewhere else,
and you know exactly what's there-nothing at all.
Because it's completely defined, what we've
traditionally thought of as "non-existence" can also
be said to exist.  In other words, when seen from a
different perspective than usual, "non-existence" and
"existence" are really just the same thing.

    Another way of coming to this conclusion is as
follows:
When thinking about the question "why is there
something rather than nothing?", two choices are:

     A. "Something" has always been here.

     B. "Something" has not always been here.

  Even though choice A is possible, it doesn't provide
any explanation so
  let's go with choice B and see where it leads.  If
"something" hasn't always
  been here, then "nothing" must have been here before
it.  If "nothing" were
  here, there would be no mechanism in "nothing" to
change this "nothing" into
  "something".  Yet, we accept that "something" is
here now.  So, the only
  possible choice is that "nothing" and "something"
are one and the same
  thing.

    Thanks.

                                        Roger

--- Youness Ayaita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> No(-)Justification Justifies The Everything Ensemble
> Youness Ayaita
>

> In this message, I present my "no-justification" of
> the hypothesis
> that everything exists. The no-justification argues
> that no
> justification at all is needed to accept the
> hypothesis. This provides
> a new and very satisfying approach to the Everything
> ensemble.
>

> 1 Hitherto proposed justifications
>
> In this first section I give a brief overview of
> some existing
> justifications for the Everything ensemble. The
> reader familiar with
> the topic  may skip this section.
>
> Several thinkers have come independently to the
> hypothesis that---in
> some sense or another---everything exists. The
> justifications they
> have found in favor of this hypothesis vary as do
> their intellectual
> backgrounds (philosophy, computer science,
> mathematics or physics).
> When I myself developed the hypothesis, I found
> three
> justifications which I call respectively the
> 'metaphysical approach',
> the 'generalized Copernican principle' and the
> 'no-justification'. The
> main justifications supported by contributors to the
> everything-list
> are the 'zero information principle' and
> 'arithmetical realism' (also
> called 'mathematical Platonism'). Another
> justification is due to the
> analytic philosopher David Lewis:
>
> "Why believe in a plurality of worlds?---Because the
> hypothesis is
> serviceable, and that is a reason to think it is
> true."
>
> For most philosophers Lewis's justification was not
> convincing. Much
> more attractive to many thinkers is arithmetical
> realism, assuming the
> objective existence of all mathematical objects. The
> zero information
> principle bases upon the observation that the
> Everything has no
> information content. Russell Standish writes:
>
> "There is a mathematical equivalence between the
> Everything, as
> represented by this collection of all possible
> descriptions and
> Nothing, a state of no information."
>
> This justification is impressive since it shows that
> Everything is---
> in some sense---not more than Nothing. It thus
> provides a striking
> argument against the critics' objection that
> supporters of the
> Everything ensemble postulate too much additional
> ontology.
>
> As a last example, I mention the generalized
> Copernican principle. The
> idea is to give up the categorical difference
> between our world and
> all other possible worlds: Everything is equally
> real.

> [...]
=== message truncated ===