You can simulate it. But you cannot program it. It uses a huge amount of information that it is hard to extract from the environment. I would say. In a larger sense, in which we are ourself Maxwell demon, you can filter it from long computation. They will transform selective information into energy. they will economize. The Universal Dovetailer does generate all possible Maxwell daemons, but I guess they are typically distributed sparsely in the set of all computations. Quantum Maxwell demon? That might explains the origin of life, but that might be a too cheap explanation. I should revised quantum information theory, but I have already hardly the time to do the real thing, which is to extract the quantum information from classical information + self-duplication and other self-perturbation (or to convince others to do the work, or that such a work has to be done to get both the qualia and the quanta).
Interesting but hard question.

Bruno