From: Bruno Marchal
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 4:49 AM
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Plato's Heaven

On 14 Feb 2011, at 09:40, Stephen Paul King wrote:

  snip
   {SPK]

      Allow me to add a comment to this brilliant argument. Following Jason’s
description of Platonia, Plato’s heaven, it would seem to include all possible
descriptions of itself and thus is in a way like a set that contains all
subsets of itself including at least one subset that is identical to itself. Is
this not a paradox?

>Not at all. UD* contains many UD* which contains many UD* ad infinitum. There
>is no paradox because UD* is infinite. It is no more paradoxical than the
>Mandelbrot set, which is "made of" Mandelbrot sets.

[SPK]
    OK, how does the UD* relate to Numbers? Is the UD* like an inch worm that
travels Platonia measuring them? Seriously, how is the difference between one
number and another knowable to the UD* if the UD* is almost every where in
Platonia. This UD* seems remarkably similar to an eternal, omniscient and
omnipotent being!

Onward!

Stephen