On Mar 31, 8:10 pm, meeke...@verizon.net wrote:

> On 03/31/11,Nick Prince<nickmag.pri...@googlemail.com>wrote:>Bruno wrote
> > With both QTI and COMP-TI we cannot go from being very old to being a
> > baby. We can may be get slowly younger and younger in a more
> > continuous way, by little backtracking. We always survive in the most
> > normal world compatible with our states. But some kind of jumps are
> > not excluded.
> Hi Bruno
> Maybe what I am trying to say is that very old or dying brains might
> deterorate in a specific way that allows the transition from an old to
> a young mind i.e. the decaying brain becomes in some way homomorphic
> to a young brain.
> Why not consider that it becomes homomorphic to an unconscious brain?  If
> your consciousness is a property of some bundle of  UD computations it does
> not follow that the most probable continuation is also conscious.  We already
> know that if you get hit in the head the most probable continuation is
> unconsciousness for a time.
> Brent
>  Indeed this defines the consciousness I am
> considering and is therefore subtrate dependent. If all of physics
> can be simulated on a computer then no problem.
> > If you accept the classical theory of knowledge, it is easy. Computer
> > are already conscious. They have not the tools to manifest their
> > consciousness, and by programming them, we don't help them with that
> > respect. Consciousness is not programmable. It exists "in Platonia",
> > and a universal machine is only a sort of interface between different
> > levels of the Platonic reality (arithmetical truth).
> This is an interesting comment! Are you saying that everything
> including consciousness really emanates from platonia? Would you
> agree that we exist eternally in platonia? If so then perhaps we need
> only consider computationalism /QM as a means of comprehending the
> steps to this understanding. This platonic realm is very useful but
> hard to pin down as a concept.
> Best
> Nick

  Is not a sufficiently young brain not isomorphic to a unconscious
brain? After all, the brain of a human fetus has to grow to come
sufficient level of complexity to "turn on"... But given this, how to
we avoid disembodied minds if we are assuming that minds supervene
exclusively on brains (or equivalent)?

Onward!

Stephen