On 10 Jun 2011, at 07:23, Rex Allen wrote:

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
As I always say, free will is the ability to do something stupid. And from an evolutionary point of view, that is actually a useful ability.

We are in violent agreement. :-)

Get a room, you two.

I'll reply to Bruno, et al., tomorrow or Saturday!  Must sleep!

Have a good dream.
Just to be clear I am also in (peaceful) agreement with Brent and Russell. I agree and have also asserted that free will is the ability of doing something bad, wrong or stupid. It is actually the christian definition. It is similar with the Dt -> DBf of the Löbian machine (second incompleteness theorem): to be consistent entails the consistency of being inconsistent. Those concepts are related.