On 6/29/2011 10:15 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 28 Jun 2011, at 20:06, meekerdb wrote:

On 6/28/2011 10:36 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
It is avoidable. Even the cops explains the total non sense of prohibition. I am optimist: prohibition will fall down soon or later. Obviously the cops are the more aware of the total non sense of prohibition, because they are at the front of the 'war on drugs':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdzZaXwf8o

Cannabis has made possible a very long prohibition, but it is also a sort of fatal error for the bandits.

Congressmen Barney Frank and Ron Paul have introduced a bill in the U.S. House of Representatives that would allow states to legalize or otherwise liberalize marijuana laws without interference from the federal government.

I think Ron Paul is against the prohibition of any drug, and I listen to some of his speech showing the failure of the 'war on drugs', and that was very nice. But I am not sure of what he thinks on other political domains.

He's a libertarian, which means he's against any government social safety net (e.g. medicare, social security) and any government regulation (e.g. food and drug administration, environmental protection agency, gun control laws) and against any stationing of U.S. soldiers overseas. He deviates from strict libertarian ideas in that he thinks states should be able to restrict or ban abortions.

Well, I can't certainly NOT vote for him, as an european 'course.

I think there are to many negatives in that sentence.

Brent

A pity, somehow, given that prohibition is an international problem.