On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:56 PM, benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I am getting a bit tired of labouring this point, but honestly your theory
> is postulating something that seems nonsensical to me. Why on earth would I
> believe in the truth of something that *can never be known in any way*
> (namely, that arithmetics is true without / prior to consciousness)?

Ben,

Do you think that the 10^10^100th digit of Pi has a certain value even
though we can never know what it is and no one has ever or will ever (in
this universe at least) be conscious of it?  If I assert the digit happens
to be 8, would you agree that my assertion must be either true or false?  If
so, where does this truth exist?

Note that one cannot say it has an indefinite or value, or that its value is
inconsequential because that level of precision will never make a difference
in any equation we work with.  Euler's identity: e^(Pi * i) + 1 = 0, would
be false without each of the infinite digits of Pi having a definite and
certain value.  These values that are unknown to use, but nonetheless must
be there.

Jason