On 8/6/2011 12:41 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 06 Aug 2011, at 07:04, meekerdb wrote:

On 8/5/2011 9:42 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

Comp already shows that it take the form of an uncertainty calculus on computations. From comp it is easy to derive indeterminacy/uncertainty, non locality, non clonability of the apparent primitive matter. From comp + the classical theory of knowledge you get also symmetry at the observable bottom (the laws are reversible, and 'particles' comes from invariance from such symmetries).

How does comp imply non-locality? I don't even see that it implies a limited speed of signaliing.

?

Comp is not local from the first person point of view, because if a Boltzmann brain, for example, generates a "next state" of myself out of my light cone, I have still to take it into account to predict what I will experience in the next second. The presence of the UD makes that worst. Of course the generated physical reality can still be local, but this would need a justification. Formally comp is not local because the comp-physics (given by the Z1* and X1* logics) satisfies (most plausibly) an abstract Bell-like inequality (very plausibly: not enough people have verified the argument.

Satisfying a Bell-inequality implies consistency with locality? Did you mean to write "violates an abstract Bell-like inequality"?

Brent

I used the theorem prover for G* to assist the derivation).
It is a form of logical, conditional, non locality, given that we have not yet a notion of space, still less of speed.