Hi Evgenii,

On 14 Aug 2011, at 21:25, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

Bruno,

Let me put it this way. I guess that a Lobian machine could be implemented, or it has been already implemented. So let us then take some Lobian machine and then you demonstrate practically that such a machine is conscious. Then it would much easier to understand what you mean.

I don't think we can demonstrate technically that anything is conscious. If someone did this for anything, he would have solve the mind body problem.

It is generally accepted that we cannot prove our own consciousness (we can know our own, here and now, but we cannot provide a proof for that). It is accepted that we cannot prove that something is conscious.

I often claim that consciousness is both not 1-doubtable and yet 3- incommunicable.

That is related to the fact that comp is a theology. It is a bet on a form of reincarnation.

If you accept this, I can explain how some "belief" a machine can develop by looking at herself, into a belief in a reality, or the possibility of a world, and this correspond, by Gödel completeness theorem (not INcompleteness) in a statement of self-consistency, which has indeed the property, for the ideally correct LUM, that it is true and unprovable. This means that consciousness, seen as a basic instinctive bet in a reality, already compared well with Löbian machine's self-consistency notion. Self-consistency is not identified with consciousness, though, but can be seen as a logical descendant of it.

But, if you can assume comp, if only for the sake of the argument, you can imagine what it means for a machine to be conscious. It means that you can survive with a digital brain and become a machine without you, nor your friend, noticing any change. That will be an example of a conscious machine.

I am not trying to prove that machine are conscious, or that we are machine. I just make the statement a bit more precise than usual, by using computer science and the substitution level, and I show that if we are machine, then Plato's conception of reality is far more plausible that Aristotle's one. In particular physics is derivable by machine's introspection, and this makes the comp theory testable.

UDA shows without math the reason why it has to be like that. This is understandable by anyone having a rough idea how a computer works at its most basic level.

AUDA shows with math how to derive concretely physics (but also other 'points of view' on the arithmetical reality).

I think it is better to be entirely convinced personally by UDA before studying AUDA. But logicians find AUDA a billionth times more easy, because it does no more refer, for them, to the mind-body problem (in which they are not usually interested, and which UDA illustrates the heart of the trickyness).

I hope this can help, and don't hesitate to ask any question, at any level suiting you the best,

Bruno