On 8/16/2011 11:03 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
Yes, this is why in my first post, I said consider God's Turing
machine (free from our limitations).  Then it is obvious that with
the appropriate tape, a physical system can be approximated to any
desired level of accuracy so long as it is predictable.  Colin said
such models of physics or chemistry are impossible, so I hope he
elaborates on what makes these systems unpredictable.

I have to repeat that the current simulation technology just does not scale. With it even God will not help. The only way that I could imagine is that God's Turing machine is based on completely different simulation technology (this however means that our current knowledge of physical laws and/or numerics is wrong).

Scale doesn't matter at the level of theoretical possibility. Bruno's UD is the most inefficient possible way to compute this universe - but he only cares that it's possible. All universal Turing machines are equivalent so it doesn't matter what God's is based on. Maybe you just mean the world is not computable in the sense that it is nomologically impossible to compute it faster than just letting it happen.