On Aug 19, 6:42 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 8/19/2011 6:39 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>
> > If you are going to
> > attribute thermal sense to a thermostat, you must also attribute sight
> > to the retina, no?
>
> No, because the thermostat acts on the world in response to temperature.

The retina doesn't act on the world in response to light? It doesn't
send a signal to the brain in the same manner that changes in a metal
strip triggers the HVAC system? I can't believe that you want me to
accept that eyes can't see but metal can. What about our skin, surely
you must give that the same consideration when it contracts into
goosebumps as when a strip of metal contracts in size?

Craig