Craig Weinberg wrote:

> On Sep 30, 11:26 am, benjayk <benjamin.jaku...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> COMP is the attempt to solve the mind-body problem with basing everything
>> on
>> computations. But then one 3-thing remains uncomputable, and undefined,
>> namely the very foundation of computations. We can define computations in
>> terms of numbers relations, and we can define number relations in terms
>> of
>> +,*,N. But what is N? It is 0 and all it's successors. But what is 0?
>> What
>> are successors? They have to remain undefined.
>
> They are sensorimotive phenomenology. Gestural essences experienced by
> a human psyche, communicated through laryngeal grunts or scratches in
> the sand, tracings of ink or graphite on bleached wood pulp, indexed
> binary registers embossed onto doped silicon, but ultimately decoded
> as circuits of sense: expectations strung out into elegant webs of
> refractory logics of satisfaction. They are hallucinations we can
> share with each other, and with inanimate objects selected for their
> precision of compliance. That is what numbers are. Sensemaking grooves
> which we share with other worlds.
>
> Craig

I basically agree. I wouldn't call them "senorimotive", but I agree they are
just contents of our mind, without an independent reality. But if they are
just that, they are only defined as phenomena, which means basically
"undefined", in terms of precise definition needed in math. Maths precision
rests on an imprecise fundament that transcends math. But if that is the
case, the only fundamental (in terms of things beyond math) result derived
from math is that something imprecise beyond it is needed.

benjayk