On Oct 10, 10:32 am, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/10 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>
>
> > No. Your claim is that all inputs must also be neurological.
>
> He *never* said that. What he said is this : "If you know the input + the
> working of a neuron, you can predict the output (fire or not fire), the
> input can be from adjacent neurons or from nerves which are link to the
> external environment via sensors." You are the one keeping on claiming that
> the model must predict the external environment and that is non-sensical.

Adjacent neurons = neurological.
Nerves = neurological.
Sensors = neurological.

His claim excludes internal spontaneous causes. I'm just pointing out
that neurological outputs cannot be predicted without them and that
those cannot be determined from the physiology and the environment
alone. You have to know what the brain is feeling to predict
everything that the neurons that make it up are going to do.

Craig