2011/10/11 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> On Oct 10, 10:32 am, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/10/10 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>
> >
> > > No. Your claim is that all inputs must also be neurological.
> >
> > He *never* said that. What he said is this : "If you know the input + the
> > working of a neuron, you can predict the output (fire or not fire), the
> > input can be from adjacent neurons or from nerves which are link to the
> > external environment via sensors." You are the one keeping on claiming
> that
> > the model must predict the external environment and that is non-sensical.
> Adjacent neurons = neurological.
> Nerves = neurological.
> Sensors = neurological.
> His claim excludes internal spontaneous causes. I'm just pointing out
> that neurological outputs cannot be predicted without them and that
> those cannot be determined from the physiology and the environment
> alone. You have to know what the brain is feeling to predict
> everything that the neurons that make it up are going to do.

You have to know the transition rule(s) of the neuron. Transition rule(s) +
input = output.

Input == Internal state of the neuron + environment state where the neuron
is (adjacent cells, nerves signal, chemical environment, ...)

You don't have to know what the brain is feeling as a whole... because the
neuron does not.