On Jan 19, 4:56 am, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> Yes. Craig argue that machine cannot thinks by pointing on its fridge.
>

> > Are you afraid to burn coal in your stove out of concern that the
> > material will sense being burned?
>
> Yes. Craig's "theory" is a bit frightening with respect of this. But
> of course that is not an argument. Craig might accuse you of wishful
> thinking.

This is the same thing you accuse me of. I have never said that coal
is more alive than silicon, I don't even say that dead organisms are
more alive than silicon. I only say that to really act *exactly* like
a living thing, you need to feel like a living thing, and to feel like
a living thing you actually be a living organism, which seems to
entail cells made of carbohydrates, amino acids, and water. Carbon,
Hydrogen, Oxygen, and Nitrogen. Not Silicon or Germanium. Make a
computer out of carbs, aminos, and water and see what happens to your
ability to control it as a Turing machine.

Craig