On 19 Jan 2012, at 20:41, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/19/2012 11:06 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
On 1/18/2012 11:13 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:
snip

Could you please explain then why engineers do not use the CODATA/ JANAF Tables to find the best material to keep information?

Because they are interested in information that they can insert and retrieve. I once invented write-only-memory, but it didn't sell. :-)

Hmm... It might have interested the psycho-analysts, and perhaps the revisionists too. Improve you marketing strategy!

I could buy you some for my list of boring urgent tasks!

(like sending my obsolete list of of boring urgent tasks to a black hole. Find a way to prevent evaporation! If that is possible).

I think that physically write-only-memory might not exist. I think the core of physics might be very symmetrical, reversible. A group probably. There is no place where you can "really" hide information for long.

Evgenii

Brent

Also remember that at constant volume dS = (Cv/T) dT and dU = CvdT.

If the entropy is information then its derivative must be related
to information as well. Hence Cv must be related to information.
This however means that the energy also somehow related to
information.

Finally, the entropy is defined by the Second Law and the best
would be to stick to this definition. Only in this case, it is
possible to understand what we are talking about.

Evgenii