On 31 January 2012 22:55, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree with what you say, John.  When we reach such a pitch of
puzzlement about our very categories of thought it's a sure sign that
we're bumping into some human limitation or other.  Temporary or
permanent, who knows?  But still, I'd opt for puzzlement, delusive or
not, rather than dismiss, trivialise or deny it.

As to what "exists", it all depends on context, but when it comes to
sharing our theorising I agree with Bruno: we must state our
assumptions and draw defensible conclusions from them.  Mere
statements of belief may be personally consoling but are a barrier to
communication and the joint development of ideas.

David