On 1/31/2012 8:43 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
Regarding the "philosopher's nothing":

This present moment exists, and it has no cause since our universe is a four dimensional structure (time is a subjective phenomenon). This timeless existence of this moment establishes that "nothingness" cannot exist. In short: It is an impossible state. The question then becomes: "Why should this present moment exist, and what else might also exist?" So far, the answer suggested by our latest discoveries and reasoning suggests: a lot.

Jason

Or to paraphrase Quine: What is there? Everything. So what isn't there? Nothing.