On 25 Feb 2012, at 01:21, meekerdb wrote:

On 2/24/2012 3:05 PM, John Mikes wrote:

People have too much time on their hand to argue back and forth.
Whatever (theory) we talk about has been born from human mind(s)
consequently only HALF _ TRUE max (if at all).

Almost all our theories are not only probably false, they are *known* to be false. But that doesn't mean they should be discarded or they are not useful. It means they have limited accuracy and limited domains of validity.

"I" imagine te doctor, "I" imagine the numbers (there are none in Nature)
"I" imagine controversies and matches, arithemtics, calculus and bio.
Project the "I"-s into 3rd person "I"-s and FEEL justified to BELIEVE
that it is   T R U E  .

"True" means different things in different theories.

Yes. Unlike computability, truth, but also probability, definability, etc. is highly dependent of the theory or machine used. With Church thesis, computability is the same for machines, alines, Gods, every possible "one". All the rest is relative.

In ordinary, declarative speech it means correspondence with a fact. In science it's the goal of predictive accuracy over the whole range of applications and consilience with other all other 'true' theories. In logic it's an attribute "t" of propositions that are axioms and that's preserved by the rules of inference.

How 'universal' is a universal machine (number)? it extends its universality
till our imagination's end. Can we imagine what we cannot imagine?

We have to build on what we have.

Exactly.

Brent
You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have
got to make it out of.
   --- Robert Penn Warren

Not bad :)