On Apr 17, 3:45 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Apr 17, 3:05 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
> >> But a very slight rearrangement by your local anesthesiologist and *you*
> >> don't have any
> >> sense at all - even though the atoms are still there.  Of course they are
> >> entirely
> >> different atoms than were constituting you a year ago.
> > I can turn on the internet by pushing a few buttons. That doesn't mean
> > that consequences of keyboard activity are causing the internet.
> I can invent irrelevant metaphors, but that doesn't mean I've made an
> argument.

You can call the truth irrelevant because it is expressed through a
comparison, but that doesn't mean you've made a counter argument.

> > Atoms
> > being replaced continuously changes the arrangement continuously as
> > well.
> If the pattern changed your memory and/or function would change - as proven
> in millions
> accidents and brain operations.

Accidents and brain operations change the brain itself, not just the
arrangement. A few molecules of LSD change the psyche. Not much of
anything is rearranged, it is only the substance itself which is
metabolized by the substance of the brain.

> > It makes sense to me that patterns are dependent upon pattern
> > recognition and have no causal efficacy in and of themselves.
> A lot of stuff makes sense to you, because you define 'sense' to mean
> whatever you need it
> to mean.

I don't need it to mean anything other than what it is. If you can
tell me how patterns interact with each other without sense, be my