> PM, Bruno Marchal
>
> Yes.
> "Nothing", in set theory, would be more like an empty *collection* of
> sets, or an empty "universe" (a model of set theory), except that in first
> order logic we forbid empty models (so that AxP(x) -> ExP(x) remains valid,
> to simplify life (proofs)).

"nothing" could also be obtained by removing the curly brackets from the
empty set {}. Or removing the (empty) container. I guess this would be
equivalent to "removing" space from the universe. Except that this doesn't
make any sense in Set Theory (maybe it doesn't make any sense in reality
either).

Still, {} is some sort of nothing in Set Theory, given that it is what is
left after all that is allowed to be removed, is removed.

Ricardo.