Brian,
 thanks for the excerpt from the Stanford Enc. It is the usual
'scientifically' diluted 'everything', yet includes some supprt for John's
quoted phrase.
May I add my contribution (not included in the Enc.-txt:
In -MY- belief system we are part of that infinite complexity we may call
"world" - or: "Everything" with very limited knowledge of its structure and
'content' (if it has such).
WITHIN those possibilities the complexity provides we can choose from those
chances we know of - and we do. Other 'chances' are hidden, "no-chances"
are excluded. So whatever we 'will' is a limited choice - but freely so. It
is yet our responsibility from the limited sortiment - faith-based
philosophies have it almost right - except for the influence of the
'hidden' part from us, playing a part in our cognition. It is not
"partially free": rather it is "partially deterministic". We THINK it is
free will.

R A N D O M  is another thorn in my views: if such thing was real and
available (in any aspect) we were wrong in ANY prediction we made and make
upon the belief that data will fall into position. Unless, of course, one
restricts random to those instances where it would interfere with a
non-random computation. (Nice random, indeed!)
Then there is another flaw: random is thought of in our known logical
systems, a restricted domain and not controling Nature (Everything) at all.
We don't even know if the 'infinite complexity' is a dynamic set of
relations only, or an infinite(?) system(?) of everything in an interchange?
Or: whatever we cannot even think of?

But we are proud of our Free Will. Good for us.
John Mikes