> Cannot comment, don't know what ASCII string "free will" means and neither
> do you.
>
>   John K Clark

 Of course there are various degrees to which it can be free but that
doesn't mean "free will" is a meaningless string.  Freedom is defined by
the observer.  I note the freedom I have in choosing my beliefs.  I am not
bound to agree with you nor am I bound to disagree with you.
The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy defines free will as follows

"“Free Will” is a particular sort of capacity of rational agents to choose
a course of action from among various alternatives. "

So what is the fuss about?