On Fri, Jun 22, 2012  Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:

> Hammeroff answered those critiques to my satisfaction.

Hammeroff can not explain how quantum entanglement can happen at the
enormous temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit when it's hard to do even
at liquid helium temperatures of minus 459, and even if the entanglement
does exists he can't explain how it produces consciousness, and he's vague
about how microtubules help this situation and can't explain why
microtubules in your big toe don't do the same thing. Worst of all he has
not made a prediction that biologists can confirm or refute with a
experiment.

> I think that the sensitivity might be set too high on your crackpot
> meter. ;-)

Better to set that meter too high than too low because it is a well known
law of science that for every unappreciated Galileo or Einstein there are
6.02 *10^23 crackpots.

  John K Clark