On 7/11/2012 4:07 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 10 Jul 2012, at 20:38, Stephen P. King wrote:

Say that it is not so!

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/428428/higgs-boson-may-be-an-imposter-say-particle/?ref=rss

--

Given the complexity of the experimental device, we can be sure that e have to wait before having any reasonnable degree of certainty. We can't test this at home!

Also, we could say that the discovery of the Higgs boson, if confirmed, is disappointing, as it only confirms the theory, and so we learn nothing (to think in the Deustch's manner).

Bruno

Yes it is quite disappointing. This finding seems to be the one that least upsets all of the people involved; as if it where the purposeful product of a bureaucracy. I am convinced that it is a contrivance.

--
Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon