On 10 Jul 2012, at 20:38, Stephen P. King wrote:

Say that it is not so!

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/428428/higgs-boson-may-be-an-imposter-say-particle/?ref=rss

--

Given the complexity of the experimental device, we can be sure that e have to wait before having any reasonnable degree of certainty. We can't test this at home!

Also, we could say that the discovery of the Higgs boson, if confirmed, is disappointing, as it only confirms the theory, and so we learn nothing (to think in the Deustch's manner).

Bruno

Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon