2012/7/10 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>>

Why would you not expect a theory-of-everything to include the behavior of people? Note that 'govern' does not imply 'predictable'.

A phisicinst theory of everithing , despite the popular belief, does not "govern" the behaviour of the people.

What does 'govern' mean to you?  constrain? predict? determine?...?

No longer than the binary logic govern the behaviour of computer programs.

Yes, binary logic is not a TOE of computer programs.

I can program in binary logic whatever I want without limitations.

But can you want anything at all?

the wetware whose activity produces the human mind could execute potentially any kind of behaviour. Our behaviour is not governed by anything related wth a phisical TOE, but by the laws of natural selection applied to social beings. I can observe the evolution of such behaviours (in a shchematic way) in a binary world within a computer program as well. Robert Axelrod <http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CEoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FEvolution_of_cooperation&ei=jTj9T77NB6iy0QXah8mmBw&usg=AFQjCNGua7j080q_oP5ft9ABtXu7bG99dg&sig2=KKUr0FxQezNKKU0MNCQ1vw>dit it for the first time.

On the contrary, the antrophic principle tell you that is the mind the determinant element for the existence of a TOE.

The weak anthropic principle just tells you that the physics must be consistent with the existence of people - which so far as I can tell doesn't determine it very well.

A phisical TOE  It is just the playing field and the stuff upon things are made.

Did I write *physical* TOE?

Brent
"Der Mensh Kann wohl tun, was er will, aber er kann nicht wollen, was er will."
    --- Schopenhauer