On 8/1/2012 5:04 AM, Russell Standish wrote:
Yes - and rationality often does not help much. In such situations, it
is often better to make a fast decision than a good one. Only
irrational agents can make fast decisions.

Almost all real decisions (even in chess) are time constrained. How can it be rational to wait too long for your decision to matter and irrational to make a quick decision on incomplete information, on incomplete analysis?

> From the responses I've received on this list, I don't think people
are using the term rational in the same way it is used in
economics. Flipping a coin is never rational, although it may well be
the best thing to do.
Random moves are optimum in many games and provably so.  What meaning of
'rational' are you using?