On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM, William R. Buckley
<bill.buck...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Regardless of your dislike for the term omniscience

I don't dislike the term, in fact I think I'd rather enjoy being omniscient
but unfortunately I'm not.

> the Turing machine can compute all computable computations,

Yes, and thus Turing proved that in general determining if a computer
program will ever stop is not computable; all you can do is watch it and
see what it does. If you see it stop then obviously you know that it
stopped but if its still going then you know nothing, maybe it will
eventually stop and maybe it will not, you need to keep watching and you
might need to keep watching forever.

  John K Clark