Dear Roger,

How would you explain the mans by which monads communicate given that they do not exchanges substances as "they have no windows"?

On 8/17/2012 9:40 PM, Roger wrote:
*Monads as computing elements, the supreme monad*
*as the central processing computer chip.*
I think that Leibniz's monads are in some ways similar to computer calculations, for they exist in logical, rather than physical space, and all are capable of
communications to various extents.  If I might say it this way,
they exist in holographic space, just as many think the mind exists in the brain. Each monad contains a knowledge of all or most but with limited resoljution
(clarithy of vision).
Monads are inherently blind, but constantly changing, the Supreme monad of all (God or perhaps a computer chip) constantly and instantly updating their "perceptions" to reflect the perceptions of all the other monads, so that each monad contains in principle a complete knowledge of the universe -- the universe being made up entirely
of monads. But an imperfect knowledge.
Why imperfect ? Each monad is a passive, near-sighted homunculus.
The distances between monads have to do with their similarities  and
the "perceptions" given to them by intellect and vision ,
and all monads have some weaknesses of vision (being near-sighted).
And clarity of vision drops off with distances (differences between monads). Because of these imperfections, the monadic computer could operate somewhat
perfectly in communication with "nearby"monads but imperfectly with regard
to the whole computing program.
This all happening in a sea of perfect harmony.  In a contingent computing
world.
Roger , rclo...@verizon.net <mailto:rclo...@verizon.net>
8/17/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."

Onward!

Stephen

~ Francis Bacon