Hi Stephen P. King

Mereology is part and parcel of Leibniz's system, to use a limp pun.

1) Although unproven, but because God is good while the world is contingent
(imperfect, misfitting),
Leibniz, like Augustine and Paul, believed that things as a whole work for
good, but unfortunately not all parts
have to be equally good. This is essentially his theodicy.

2).  Everything is nonlocal: The monads are arranged like a tree structure
leading up to
the Supreme Monad, above which is God, causing all things to happen
and perceiving all things.

Now Man, being near the top of the Great Chain of Being, and the
"perceptions" of each monad are being constantly and instantly
updated to reflect the perceptions all of the other monads in the universe,
So, to the degree of their logical distance from one another,
their intelligence, and  clarity of vision,  each monad is
omniscient. Personally  I use the analogy of the holograph,
each part contining the whole, but wqith limited resolution.

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/20/2012
could function."