Wiki:  Mereology has been axiomatized in various ways as applications
of predicate
logic <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predicate_logic> to formal
ontology<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_ontology>,
of which mereology is an important part. A common element of such
axiomatizations is the assumption, shared with inclusion, that the
part-whole relation orders <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_order>its
universe, meaning that everything is a part of itself
(reflexivity<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexive_relation>),
that a part of a part of a whole is itself a part of that whole (
transitivity <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation>),

Richard: These assumptions apply to the Indra Pearl's of Chinese Buddhism
and to Liebniz's monads. And more importantly superstring theory requires
that tiny balls of  6-dmensional space exist which turn out to have the
properties of reflexivity and transitivity, and therefore are candidates to
be the pearls and monads.

 Wiki: and that two distinct entities cannot each be a part of the other (
antisymmetry <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisymmetric_relation>).

Richard: It seems that neither the pearls, or monads, and certainly not the
CYMs have this property. So its strickly not mereology that applies to
monads and the rest.