On 17 Aug 2012, at 22:49, Roger wrote:

What if I put on a fake moustache ? Or glasses ?

Would the computer still know it's me ?

Some will, some will not. Today, we can program a computer which recognize better a fake signature than most human could. So, hand made machines might be better than us in recognizing disguised humans. You can guess this interest a lot the police ... A part of applied computer science is just Top Secret, due to police, militaries, also some industries, etc.

Bruno

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/17/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."
From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-08-16, 12:40:04
Subject: Re: Self-image and self-identity

On 16 Aug 2012, at 17:09, Roger wrote:

Hi Bruno Marchal

Can this machine recognize its self in a mirror or line-up ?

No problem.

Self-image would be a critical part of self-identity.

It might be a delusion too, I think. (they fall in that delusion trap in the movie "Source Code" if you have seen it, where someone accept the idea that he is dead, after indeed losing its self-image. I find this absurd, even if I agree that loosing your self-image might be very psychologically troubling, but then loosing your legs too).

Bruno

Roger , rclo...@verizon.net
8/16/2012
Leibniz would say, "If there's no God, we'd have to invent him so everything could function."