On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM, William R. Buckley
<bill.buck...@gmail.com>wrote:

> No, Langton's loops do not count.  Nor do any published
> cellular automaton.

William,

Do these count:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_universal_constructor ?

> Read these papers:
>
> Computational Ontogeny, already published in Biological Theory
>
> and
>
> Constructor Ontogeny, accepted for full presentation at
> ECTA-2012.

Send your email address and I will forward these papers.

I am interested in seeing these papers.  If you don't use e-mail to
interact with this list, you can go to the google group's page to get any
poster's e-mail address.  It has some anti-spam protection which is
slightly safer than posting one's e-mail address directly to this list.

Jason