I´m also very heterodox with respect to physics. Although I have a degree
in Physics, or just because that, I understand that physics has exerted a
reductionist fascination that has ruined every social and human science,
including philosophy. Now it has been substituted by information theory,
computer science and biology, which are more appropriate to the
understanding of ultimate existential questions, but the danger still
exist. there are still too much physics envy in human sicences and the
biologist-computationalist reductions may or may be not equally dangerous.
Almost all the human sciences are nothing more that religious sects that
try to explain every human aspect as a result of a single entity that
creates meaning: the notion of "culture"  formerly "class" or "race" before
Hitler for example. This is noting but crap. Philosophy has followed this
nonsense until it annihilated itself.