From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-05, 14:34:53
Subject: Re: God has no self-reference power at all

On 9/5/2012 9:51 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> The neoplatonist conception of God does not allow It to ask such a
> question.
>
> Nor does Arithmetical Truth.
>
> God has no self-reference power at all, as this would make it
> inconsistent.

Dear Bruno,

     Might it be agreeable to you to stipulate the possibility that God
(as you are defining it) does indeed have self-referential powers and
the "inconsistency" that this generates is not a problem but a solution
to the body problem? Hitoshi Kitada's work shows exactly how we can
recover a notion of action from the inconsistency at infinity. The key
is to never allow the inconsistency pollute the local logic. We see good
examples of this in the concept of omega-inconsistent theories.

--
Onward!

Stephen