Russell:
wise words with one flaw: the US doesnot CHOOSE, people are 'trapped into'
especially now that ANY group can spend ANY sum to influence a choosing.
People are susceptible to persuasion - (true or false ones) and the White
House is fo sale.
I participated over the past 80 years in many elections, before 1970 in
Hungary (pre-nazi, nazi, commi) then in the US (capialistic
aristo-democratic, whatever) and appreciate your words deeply.
I wish you could ask for clearing the list from faith-related distractions
as well (although there is a lot of 'faith' called scientific idea) -
except of cours those that I harbor <G>.

Regards
John Mikes