On 15 Sep 2012, at 22:32, John Clark wrote:

On Tue, Sep 11,  Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

> I know this might be an impossible dream, but could we keep the list clear of parochial US election discussion, as it is clearly off- topic.

How could anything be off topic on the everything list?

LOL

Of course, on the everything-list we discuss about the search for a theory of everything, which is a very *particular* thing.

Some things can be invoked, only if it seems to be a counter-example to a TOE proposal.

It is doubtful we found a theory explaining all observable forces, from gravitation to love, which would be contradicted by the US election. Russell Standish was correct. US election are out of topic.

Oh! You can use US election and international cannabis prohibition as illustrating a giant innumeracy: a lack in elementary logic education, which does not help for the unification quest.