On 9/16/2012 8:39 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
Hi Stephen P. King
The other minds problem ("How do I know that there are other minds ?")
is indeed an impossible to crack nut if you are a solipsist.  So
solipsim is perhaps the only philiosophy impossible to
disprove. Or prove, I think.
Leibniz was not a solipsist.

Dear Roger,

Maybe Leibniz did not understand that the solipsist view is the only consistent view of a single mind. It can only access reflections of itself; self-reference is the essence of its nature.

The monad "has no windows", it cannot exchange substances with other monads. All interactions "between" monads are given only in terms of synchronization of their respective internal dynamics. I am trying hard to understand exactly what this idea means, as I believe that it is a way to make sense of how QM systems interact with each other. QM systems are exactly like monads in that as pure systems, they "have no windows".

snip

--
Onward!

Stephen