From: Bruno Marchal
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-09-23, 03:42:03
Subject: Re: Prime Numbers

On 22 Sep 2012, at 22:10, Stephen P. King wrote:

> On 9/22/2012 7:32 AM, Roger Clough wrote:
>> How could mathematics be fiction ?
>> If so, then we could simply say that 2+2=5 because it's saturday.
> How could we have a world we many minds can, on rare occasions, come
> to complete agreement if that where the case? Perhaps it is true
> that 2+2=4 because we all agree, at some level, that it is true. (I
> am not just considering humans here with the word "we"!)

How will you define "we" without accepting "2+2=4", given that IF we
assume comp, "we" are defined by (L?ian) universal number and their
relations with other universal numbers?

Why do you keep an idealist conception of numbers, which contradicts
your references to papers which use, as most texts in science, the
independence and primitivity of elementary arithmetic?

Or you remark was ironic?