On Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:10:37 PM UTC-4, stathisp wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > But you don't need a living cell to transmit a signal. That is my point.
> Why
> > have a cell?
>
> There are cells because that's the way organisms evolved. If there
> were a way of evolving computer hardware and this was adaptive then
> there would be organisms with computer hardware. It's not impossible
> that somewhere in the universe there are naturally evolved organisms
> utilising batteries, conductors and logic gates.

It's not reasonable to say on one hand that there is no significant
difference between solid state electronics and living organisms and on the
other to blithely accept that not one of the millions of species on Earth
have happened to mutate even a single solid state inorganic appendage. You
claim it's not impossible, but the evidence that we have in reality does
not support that assumption in the least. To the contrary, living organisms
are dependent on organic matter to even survive. As far as I know, we don't
even see a single individual organism in the history of the world that
predominately eats, drinks, or breathes inorganic matter. You are saying
that is, what...coincidence?

Craig