On 9/27/2012 7:46 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:10:37 PM UTC-4, stathisp wrote:

    On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com
<javascript:>>
    wrote:

    > But you don't need a living cell to transmit a signal. That is my point.
Why
    > have a cell?

    There are cells because that's the way organisms evolved. If there
    were a way of evolving computer hardware and this was adaptive then
    there would be organisms with computer hardware. It's not impossible
    that somewhere in the universe there are naturally evolved organisms
    utilising batteries, conductors and logic gates.

It's not reasonable to say on one hand that there is no significant difference between solid state electronics and living organisms and on the other to blithely accept that not one of the millions of species on Earth have happened to mutate even a single solid state inorganic appendage. You claim it's not impossible, but the evidence that we have in reality does not support that assumption in the least. To the contrary, living organisms are dependent on organic matter to even survive. As far as I know, we don't even see a single individual organism in the history of the world that predominately eats, drinks, or breathes inorganic matter. You are saying that is, what...coincidence?

We don't see any with wheels either. Do you ever think about counter points to your thoughts before you post them?