On Monday, December 10, 2012 5:09:25 AM UTC-5, Alberto G.Corona wrote:

> Craig: The evolutionary Psychology hypothesis are
> falsifiable<https://www.google.es/search?q=Craig%3A+The+evolutionary+Psychology+hypothesis+are+falsifiable&oq=Craig%3A+The+evolutionary+Psychology+hypothesis+are+falsifiable&aqs=chrome.0.57j58.640&sugexp=chrome,mod=2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=evolutionary+Psychology+hypotheses++falsifiable&oq=evolutionary+Psychology+hypotheses++falsifiable&gs_l=serp.3...8248.8713.5.9590.4.4.0.0.0.3.261.878.2-4.4.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.7ojIOs_e60Q&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=561e2e0a6415ac8d&bpcl=39650382&biw=1241&bih=584>

Your link is just a Google search which shows that there is no consensus on
whether they are falsifiable. Why do you think that they are falsifiable? I
have made my case, given examples, explained why evolutionary psych is so
seductive and compulsive as a cognitive bias, but why am I wrong?

Try it this way. Let's say we are measuring the difference in how long it
takes to recognize a friend versus recognizing a stranger and we find that
there is a clear difference. Which would outcome would evolutionary psych
favor? I could argue that it is clearly more important to identify a
stranger, as they may present a threat to our lives or an opportunity for
trade, security, information, etc. I could equally argue that it is clearly
more important to identify a friend so that we reinforce the bonds of our
social group and foster deep interdependence. I could argue that there
should be no major difference between the times because they are both
important. I could argue that the times should vary according to context. I
could argue that they should not vary according to context as these
functions must be processed beneath the threshold of conscious processing.

Evolutionary Psychology assumptions can generate plausible interpretations
for any outcome after the fact and offers no particular opinions before the
fact, and that opens the door for at least ambiguous falsifiability in many
cases.

Craig