Hi Alberto G. Corona

I think every generation tries to overthrow the old,
but it's not an individual psychology-based effort,
it's tribal, political, sociological, the tools with
which we identify and understand ourselves.

All of us join tribes as we grow up to help identify ourselves.
It's a short-cut an alternative to doing psychotherapy.

I'm in the Christian-Conservative tribe. But I used to
be agnostic-liberal because I worked with such
academic types. It was dangerous to be a chiristian
conservative. Now I'm retired and the "real me"
is allowed to come out.

Tribes cannot understand or don't want to understand
other tribes, it's not only unsafe, it's impossible,
we speak different languages, so our arguments fall on
deaf ears, the result usually being change of subject
or no answer at all.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/14/2012