Hi Craig Weinberg

By progressives I obviously meant those that act to change things.
Which means overthrowing the way the "good, the beautiful and
the true" are thought to be and commonly accepted as.  Thus one
subverts morality, philosophy and religion, and aesthetics.
It's a form of social darwinism. The dynamics of social change.

As with Darwinism, some of these changes have been good.
Einstein, Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr. and Van Gogh certainly
brought in good new things.

But some are not so good. Nietzsche attempted
to overthrow morality completely, and the poets, novellists,
screenwriters and other artists, etc, have had mixed results,
especially to sexual morality and human decency. Now
young men think nothing of executing a kindergarten class.

Twelve-tone music is listenable for a while, but it really has no
unity or beauty.  And popular music has discarded beautiful
melodies and lyrics in favor of whining voices or those singing rap.

Now living together without marriage has become the norm for
young people, and we have indiscriminate sex and pornography.
These destroy the basic unit of human existence, the family.
Homosexual marriage also invalidates the meaning of marriage.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/15/2012