On 12/15/2012 4:11 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:56:58 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:

    On 12/15/2012 3:44 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
    'm saying that to me it seems clear that some people did know
    better, and that those people were Progressive. Again, you might
    disagree, which is what I am asking. If you disagree, ok, cool,
    but why? Otherwise it seems like you are saying that it is
    pointless to have any political view at all because morality is
    an unknowable mystery.

    Hi Craig,

        Name some of these? I like Sam Harris, Penn Jillette, Glen
    Beck, Dan Ariely...

Which contemporary political people do I like? Eh, I don't get into that so much but if I had to say someone, I like Cornel West, Bill Maher, Rachel Maddow, Thom Hartmann more than Penn or Sam Harris (although mainly I disagree with him on Free Will, not sure of his other politics as much). Glen Beck, Rush, Ann Coulter... umm. I only hope that they are born non-white, non-Christian, and poor for their next 2000 lives.

Ah, "not a cause of some wrong"... Is it OK to be "projectively bigoted"? What makes any person or group of persons to make absolute judgements? How can they imagine for themselves the absolute knowledge of Truth, and yet, they with their finite computational capacity, dare do so. Hubris! Behold, Light-bringer!

--
Onward!

Stephen