On 12/18/2012 8:47 AM, John Mikes wrote:
To Brent: about "FACTS"? the facts we see(?) are similarly only model related (partially understood).

That's true. Being a 'fact' is a matter of degree and in practice all 'facts' are theory laden. Even a fact like, "I am experiencing seeing a chair." assumes you are sane enough to correctly introspect and formulate your experience in that sentence. But that said, some things are much more fact-like than others and have much less theory attached than others. In terms science I just use 'fact' to mean those direct observations that almost everyone can agree on, aka 'data'.