From: meekerdb
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2012-12-18, 16:44:29
Subject: Re: the only truth we can understand is a man-made object

On 12/18/2012 1:12 PM, Stephen P. King wrote:
    We have many entities that are available to agree that 2+2=4 (for all sizes
of 2 and 4 that we can find), 2^90 entities at least! Every particle that exist
in our universe that can hold a bit of data and all possible combinations of
them that agree on some "laws of physics".

I've only been able to communicate with a few of what I call 'human beings'.
All those particle are inferences that I and the other 'human beings' have put
in our model of the world to explain the 'facts' on which we have
intersubjectively agreed.  In our model, the particles don't have opinions.  In
fact the whole idea of particle is something which has very few properties and
hence is completely understandable (wouldn't be much point in making a theory
out of pieces you don't understand).