Hi Stephen P. King

I think what was meant was the inverse, namely that
no consistent materialist can believe in quantum mechanics.

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
From: Stephen P. King
Receiver: everything-list
Time: 2013-01-06, 15:31:01
Subject: Re: Is Sheldrake credible ? I personally think so.

On 1/6/2013 3:14 PM, meekerdb wrote:

On 1/6/2013 11:37 AM, Stephen P. King wrote:
On 1/6/2013 2:17 PM, meekerdb wrote:

So no physicists since Schrodinger are materialists.  So materialism can't very
well be "scientific dogma" as you keep asserting.

Hi Brent,

    I think that you are taking as evidence the lack of overt statements as
evidence. Any person that is marxist, for example, is a materialist, by

So how many physicists are marxists in the philosophical sense.  I don't know
even one.

    OK, so we can safely discount your claims about "no physicists since
Schrodinger are materialists..." My point is that the lack of a direct
statement in some particular form, like "I am a materialist" does not act as
proof that "no physicists since Schrodinger are materialists". It only tells us
some of the limits of your personal knowledge.